tomtom xl classic so slow to copy to internal memory

hi - i have a tomtom xl classic with 1gb internal memory, i have made a backup of the internal memory...ive reformatted the internal memory..now when i try to copy the backup back to the internal memory its taking over 2 hours or longer to copy the contents back to the device. I have checked for damaged or corrupt memory but its all fine using windows 7 to check..looking at the unit when its copying it shows its copying by the flashing disk and then it stops for ages and then it copies againg for a few seconds and then stops again and so on...any ideas why ? ta

Well, that model is only usb 1.1, not 2.0 compliant so that may explain some of the read/write slowness....

over 2hrs for around 700mb !...somethings not right ?
That is pretty slow, but we have no idea what the rest of your system looks like -- no clue what kind of hardware you have or the percentage of your CPU that can be devoted to the copying task with whatever else is running, even in the background.

Ask a Question