TomTom WARRANTY and UPDATES

BE AWARE DO NOT BUY TomTom !
I have purchased a TomTom 920T from Ebay. Brand new unit. TomTom refuses to honor the unit warranty and refuses to honor "always up to date map", because the seller is not an authorized TomTom retailer. There is not any reference in their legal document www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/legal/lw/LW- NEW/LW(US)-English 2007 FINAL.pdf to sugest their claim.
Section 8 in the document states only about warranty transfer.

BE AWARE DO NOT BUY TomTom !
I have purchased a TomTom 920T from Ebay. Brand new unit. TomTom refuses to honor the unit warranty and refuses to honor "always up to date map", because the seller is not an authorized TomTom retailer. There is not any reference in their legal document www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/legal/lw/LW- NEW/LW(US)-English 2007 FINAL.pdf to sugest their claim.
Section 8 in the document states only about warranty transfer.

Did you discover this via an email to them or a phone call? If a call, you could try to speak to a second level person BUT know this, it has been discussed in this forum and others that TT doesn't recognize Ebay as a legit seller.

New Refurbished TOMTOM GO 730

BEWARE OF TOM TOM

I purchased a new refurbished TOMTOM GO 720 from Ubid.com
and TOMTOM support refuses to update the outdatred maps for free.
TOMTOM wants aproximately $100.00 to update the GPS maps on my new purchase
from an authorized TOMTOM dealer.

"You can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin him once !! "

Unhappy in Iowa
Bill

Ask a Question