TomTom Suggestions

peterkronenberg, regarding your signature: are you sure you're not using app 8.312? The 740 shouldn't be on app 8.351 in the US.

The only other place I heard eye-minus-95 was on a 740. Maybe there's something peculiar to that model.

due to the file that MVL mentioned in his prior post (roadnr.EnglishUS6.8.lex).

The file in Loquendo 7 (from my 8.320 stutter-fix backup) is different. It has a lex file and a rex file.

The rex file contains:
"(^|[ \t]+)US[ \-]*([0-9])([1-9][0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 \s US \2_\3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)US[ \-]*([0-9])0([0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 \s US \Nx \2 o \Nx \3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)US[ \-]*([0-9][0-9]?)([^0-9])" = "\1 \s US \2 \3"
"(^|[ \t]+)HW[ \-]*([0-9])([1-9][0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 Highway \2_\3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)HW[ \-]*([0-9])0([0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 Highway \Nx \2 o \Nx \3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)HW[ \-]*([0-9][0-9]?)([^0-9])" = "\1 Highway \2 \3"
"(^|[ \t]+)I[ \-]*([0-9])([1-9][0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 Interstate \2_\3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)I[ \-]*([0-9])0([0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 Interstate \Nx \2 o \Nx \3 \4"
"(^|[ \t]+)I[ \-]*([0-9][0-9]?)([^0-9])" = "\1 Interstate \2 \3"
There is a hyphen thing there, which I think may be driving the "Minus". But I'm too lazy to try to reverse engineer Loquendo-syntax.

Ah ... OK. Don't have a 740 to play with, so let's be sure the Text to Speech generation file matches up.

Your 740 will have a folder called LoquendoTTS. In it, is there a file called EnglishUs6.9.lde? If different, what is it?

In the LoquendoTTS/EnglishUS folder, is there a file called EnglishUs6.9.lex or something similar? If different, what is it?

[MVL: This will also fill in the 740 TTS version gap in our chart.]

Not exactly. Here's what I have. (sorry to be so verbose, but figured I'd be complete)

Volume in drive J is BACKUPS
Volume Serial Number is 2094-EEDB

Directory of LoquendoTTS

default7.session LicenseCode7.txt
[lib] [data] [bin]
2 File(s) 825 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\lib

LoqAudioBoard.so
1 File(s) 13,508 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\data

EnglishUs.lcf
roadnrEnglishUS.lex roadnrEnglishUS.rex roadnrEnglishUS.ycf
Susan.vcf [voices] [languages]
5 File(s) 8,134 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\data\voices

[Susan]
0 File(s) 0 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\data\voices\Susan

Susan.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
Susan.vde
SusanGildedParalinguistics.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
SusanGildedPhrases.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
SusanTT.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
5 File(s) 41,826,427 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\data\languages

[English]
0 File(s) 0 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\data\languages\English

EnglishUs.dbl EnglishUs.gpr
EnglishUs.lde EnglishUsTT.rex
4 File(s) 1,218,345 bytes

Directory of LoquendoTTS\bin

libLoqTTS7.so libLTTS7Util.so
LTTS7AudioBoard.so LTTS7AudioTT.so
LTTS7CodecMsx.so LTTS7DB.so
LTTS7English.so LTTS7GPR.so
LTTS7Susan.so LTTS7SusanGildedParalinguisticsSde.so
LTTS7SusanGildedPhrasesSde.so LTTS7SusanSde.so
LTTS7SusanTTSde.so LTTS7XML.so
14 File(s) 5,080,248 bytes

Total Files Listed:
31 File(s) 48,147,487 bytes
23 Dir(s) 506,380,288 bytes free

peterkronenberg, regarding your signature: are you sure you're not using app 8.312? The 740 shouldn't be on app 8.351 in the US.

The only other place I heard eye-minus-95 was on a 740. Maybe there's something peculiar to that model.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was getting confused with all the versions. It's 8.312.

The file in Loquendo 7 (from my 8.320 stutter-fix backup) is different. It has a lex file and a rex file.
OK -- that was the Work version for 720/730/920/930 models? Ain't got on rex on our lowly "stock" versions:( Appears to add some other pronunciation improvements.

FYI: TT is still showing 8.351 for the x40 series at the usual site (tomtom.com/6141). I'd assume they're not pushing it to anyone, though.

Not exactly. Here's what I have. (sorry to be so verbose, but figured I'd be complete)
OK -- well, we now know that 8.312 came with Loquendo 7. Time to add that one to your chart, MVL!

As a result, I can't help you perform home surgery on your files. I don't have them here to investigate closely since I don't yet have a 740 in hand to play with.

On the other hand, if you'd attach the two files roadnrEnglishUS.lex roadnrEnglishUS.rex from your unit, it might be worthwhile having a look at these! With luck, I might even be able to at least clean up your "minus" problem. Just need to figure out what "non-phoneme" could be used to make it disappear. The rest of the stuff translates to at least some sound, and we don't want any here.

Sorry, Canderson. I didn't notice that Loquendo version was a question mark on the 740. Anything else needed from the 740 inventory?

OK -- well, we now know that 8.312 came with Loquendo 7. Time to add that one to your chart, MVL!

As a result, I can't help you perform home surgery on your files. I don't have them here to investigate closely since I don't yet have a 740 in hand to play with.

On the other hand, if you'd attach the two files roadnrEnglishUS.lex roadnrEnglishUS.rex from your unit, it might be worthwhile having a look at these! With luck, I might even be able to at least clean up your "minus" problem. Just need to figure out what "non-phoneme" could be used to make it disappear. The rest of the stuff translates to at least some sound, and we don't want any here.

Here you go

Attachments

• roadnrEnglishUS_rex.txt
    648 bytes · Views: 272
  • roadnrEnglishUS_lex.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 298

The Loquendo files are here. App 8.350 seems intelligent enough to not permit their use on a GO 720.

I think I have the solution.

Go to this file:
englishUSTT.rex (in the data\languages\english folder)

Search for the two instances of:
"\1 \2 minus \4 = "

And replace both with:
"\1 \2 \s \4 = "

Let us know if it works.

I think I have the solution.

Go to this file:
englishUSTT.rex (in the data\languages\english folder)

Search for the two instances of:
"\1 \2 minus \4 = "

And replace both with:
"\1 \2 \s \4 = "

Let us know if it works.

Well, I'm not sure if this was the problem. When TomTom needed to give me instructions, referring to I95, it was fine. It pronounced it as "Interstate Ninty-Five". But when I had it read the traffic info, I still heard "eye minus ninety-five". I'm not sure if the change I made to the REX file had any affect.

On the traffic screen, maybe there is a space before/after the hyphen? That would cause Loquendo to think it's a separate word.

Perhaps adding the following to the .lex or .rex file will help:
"\-"="\s"

I can't test myself as I'm using Loquendo 6.9 on my Tomtom and it appears to use different syntax.

Ask a Question