TomTom One XL-S: No autodim?

Just received a One XL-S for father's day, but cannot find the autodim feature; do I have to take this back and upgrade to a more expensive model to get this feature?

TIA for all your help!

The ONE models, including the XL and XL-S don't have a light sensor to provide an auto dim feature. You must go in preferences and activate the night lighting. I don't mind doing it manually. The next model up is the GO720 and can now be had for slightly more than the XL-S at various places because they want to liquidate stocks for the new x30 models. The new models are pretty much the same hardware wise (different speaker, mount and colour) but the integrated chipset is identical. The biggest difference is in the software that add IQ routing and Advanced Lane Guidance. To summarize those features is that the routing takes into consideration the weekdays or weekends to offer different routing to your destination but not the hour. The usefullness of it can vary widely depending on where you live (big city vs small city). As for ALG, it shows the right lane to use when on large multilane highways (in some cases it can also display a static image of the highway and exits) and can vary in usefullness the same as for IQ routing.

I have an XL-S that automatically shows "night colours" based on a program that I loaded. I use Event Logger (that tracks where I have been) and that adjusts the colours to night mode.

If you don't want Event Logger, there is another program Suntime that does the automatic night colour option. Check the Tweaks section.

I'm not that lazy...

I'm not so lazy that I can't tap the screen twice and choose the "use night colors", before heading out in the dark. :D

suntime help

I have no luck installing suntime into my One XL.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Ask a Question