TomTom Home and Mac - No MyONE?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
Greetings all. I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in getting TT Home's MyONE feature to work with their TT1 and a Mac. Everything else works great, got the latest version of home and firmware, but no good.

Support suggested reinstalling, but no luck. I even installed on another machine with a clean copy of the OS, but that didn't work either.

Interesting sidebar - the response email from support said to call if reinstalling the app didn't cure the problem, but calls to support are met with an "All circuits are busy now" message after I press "1" to go to TT1 support. Kinda frustrating...

Anyway, does it work for anyone else on a Mac?

Thanks!

Interesting sidebar - the response email from support said to call if reinstalling the app didn't cure the problem, but calls to support are met with an "All circuits are busy now" message after I press "1" to go to TT1 support. Kinda frustrating...

Wasn't there an earthquake in the south-pacific that took out a lot of comms recently? Maybe I read that article wrong.... I know MACs but I don't have one here with me to test. Are you logged in as a user account or the admin? Some user accounts, even though you have admin rights, aren't really admins. Sorry I can't be of much more help right now. I'm sure someone will get you though.

Is TT support overseas, or somewhere in the US?

As for the Macs, tried with admin accounts on both, but no luck. TT Home reports that "At this time there is no component available that is compatible with your TomTom device."

You betcha.

Also tried both a MacBook Pro (main machine) and a PowerBook G4, just in case it was an Intel/Rosetta thing, but apparently it's not.

Toying with the idea of deleting the app from the TT1 in Home and reinstalling it, but I don't know if that'll toast the entire device. Don't want to do that, since with the exception of this one SNAFU, the thing just rocks.

Disappointing, but this feature is not supported on Macs. You either have to have a PC to use, or use virtual PC or parallels or some other emulation software.

I'm also wondering when they are going to make the HOME application universal, as it's PPC now. :(

Bummer. Somewhat annoying to have it there in the interface and non-functional, but maybe there'll be an update.

Guess I'll have to run it under Parallels/BootCamp until then if I want to plan on the machine.

Thanks!

I'm hoping for an update that allows this feature to work, too. It does work fine using parallels, that's what I use.

Ask a Question