tomtom go 920 question.

Hi All

I would like to ask about the tomtom go 920.
Well I am from Australia and will be in the U.S around the expected time that the tomtom go 920 will be released. So I thought cool I could purchase one over in the U.S and save heaps of money. But their is one thing I am uncertain about. Does anyone know if tomtom will be releasing australian maps at the time of the tomtom go 920. I was hoping someone could answer that as I haven't got a reply from the tomtom email support.

Thanks.

Hmm...I would be willing to bet any maps to be released would be in 2008.

Assuming there is a 6.75 Australian map, you can purchase that, install it on your 920 and it might work with map share. I would recommend confirming with TT about that though.

Assuming there is a 6.75 Australian map.....
There is a v7 map for Australia, released with the 720. Probably 6.75 is the latest for download though...

... install it on your 920 and it might work with map share.
It won't work. Australian maps are not 'Map Share enabled', as 720 users have discovered.

Thats good to hear to hear that they have released V7 Australia maps with the Tomtom go 720.

Also does that mean that if I bought a go 720 from Europe or USA it would have the Australia map on a cd in the go 720 box ?

With the go 920 do you know the exact release date ? Because all I can find is its release is in Q4.

Thanks

I think you would have to purchase the 720 or 920 in Australia to get the Australia map. The 720 only comes with the North America map. The 920 in the US will only come with the NA map and Europe map and no additional map on CD.
I'm not sure which maps the 910 in Australia came with.

If that's the case then I would either contact TT to see whether you can buy the version 7 maps of Australia that way you should be able to use it with map share on the 920.
I was talking about v7 maps, as delivered with the 720. They are not mapshare enabled, no Australian maps are. My guess is that the 920 will have the same map as the 720.

Also does that mean that if I bought a go 720 from Europe or USA it would have the Australia map on a cd in the go 720 box ?
No it won't, no TT models have a map cd in the box. The 720 in Europe has only a European map. The US model had only a North American map.

With the go 920 do you know the exact release date ? Because all I can find is its release is in Q4.
I think that is all that anyone knows. I assume that you will get them in Australia a long time after the US and Europe, if past releases are anything to go by.

Hi All,

Just called tomtom support ( have free international calls) and the support person said that you can get the Australian map for the tomtom go 720 if you go onto tomtom home. They also said that the map should work on the go 920 but there will be no mapshare.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Last edited:
The Australia is available for purchase when you connect it to HOME.

Whiskeyclone, yes you purchase more maps using HOME. If you're using HOME 2 select 'Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc'
Next select 'Maps'
Next, on the bottom of the screen, uncheck 'show only recommended items'

This will bring a bigger list of maps for purchase.

sorry if I ask to many questions. I am such a newbie :D

So does that mean that I can purchase a go 720 or 920 anywhere in the world and get maps from them off home ?

Say I went to the USA or Europe today ( going to both ) and bought a tomtom go 720 then flew back to australia. I would be able to get australia maps for the tomtom go 720 ?

If thats the case then why don't the let you get australia maps by just clicking maps on the website and downloading it off for the go 720 model ?

Right now there are some issues with the server on downloading maps.
However, their general motive is to allow users to purchase maps through HOME or tomtom.com.

Ask a Question