Tomtom entering Argentina market

Hey everyone!

Just got a TomTom one (from QVC) and haven't really had much time to play around with it. So far though I'm very excited to enjoy my first GPS!!

Anyhow, I will be in Buenos Aires for a month and would love to have the GPS with BsAs maps......any chance this is possible?

TIA
C.

Dont cry.....

Hey everyone!

Just got a TomTom one (from QVC) and haven't really had much time to play around with it. So far though I'm very excited to enjoy my first GPS!!

Anyhow, I will be in Buenos Aires for a month and would love to have the GPS with BsAs maps......any chance this is possible?

TIA
C.

Sorry TT has no maps for Argentina!

Welcome! You'll have to order your map from tomtom.com but looking right now I can't seem to find BsAs as a map they provide... I'm still looking though. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Doh... as you can see Giorgio57 beat me to the bad news!

(Garmin does though...) Did I just say that?!?!?! :eek:

So is there no way to get Argentina maps onto the TomTom One? Can I somehow convert the Garmin maps?

C.

There is no way (especially legally) to convert Garmin maps to TomTom. So unless TomTom releases maps for Argentina, looks like you are out of luck. :(

They didn't sell Argentina maps for May.

I think there's a 75% chance they will come out in August, given the timing of the Argentina press release, compared to the pressrelease-to-map timing of other newly-mapped countries in Asia.

Moving this thread to the News section - Tomtom has announced today that it is entering the Argentina market in August.

Last edited:
I thought they'd already done that. They announced Argentina mapping a couple of months ago. Thanks for catching that MVL. It looks like they might handle this better than the Brazil release last year. When that was done, they didn't even have a Brazil map for sale as I remember.

Hi everyone, any updates for this? I can't wait :)

Also, any ideas on how much can the maps be once they're released?

Thanks

Back in July, they committed to selling devices in local Argentina stores by August. The devices would be preloaded with Argentina/Uruguay maps and have a year of free map updates.

They didn't commit to selling standalone maps for imported devices (yet).

No news since.

I'm not sure why they haven't actually released that map for sale yet. There was an article this week mentioning that both TeleAtlas and Navteq have announced improvements to the Argentina map. Tele Atlas maps of Argentina now cover 57 percent of the population and coverage of more than 208,000 kilometers of navigable roads.

In comparison the new NAVTEQ map for Argentina covers approximately 250,000 kilometers, about 86% of the navigable road network.

I contacted TomTom about this a while back, as I am going to BA soon. They said to keep a watch out. I have checked today, and the Argentina map is avaiable to purchase from the TomTom website now.

Ask a Question