Tomtom differences

Hello I am am new to Tomtom and new to the forum. I as wondering if you guys could let me know what the difference is between the Go, TM, or Live series of the units. I purchased a 340 S, but now think I should exchange it for a better one that gives me updated maps and traffic.

Thank you!

The GO models are the high end models, they offer added features like an SD slot, bluetooth handsfree calling, more customization, etc.

The TM is a flavor of a product line (eg: there's a GO 740 TM and XL 350 TM, among many others). TM means it has lifetime FM traffic and lifetime maps included with the purchase.

LIVE is a added feature currently only on two models in the USA (XL340S LIVE and GO 740 LIVE). LIVE models have an internal modem and allow the device to use a number of Tomtom data subscription services, including traffic, fuel prices, buddies, weather, and speedtrap alerts. The traffic bundled with LIVE is a class above the FM traffic on other models, so it is a better option if traffic is important to you.

I have a question.
For the TomTom 740 TM Live, is the lifetime traffic a LIVE service or is it base on TMC traffic?

Based on this page, the lifetime service appears to be the antenna traffic only. LIVE traffic with it's "even more detailed coverage" is still a monthly subscription.

Ask a Question