TomTom Content Transfer Assistant Problem

TomTom Model(s)
GO Live 1015, GO 930
Dear members,

I am trying to copy personalized content from TomTom GO930T to GO Live 1015.
The GO Live 1015 is a brand new, with just some TomTom updates without any additional installation of whatsoever.
"MyTomTom" application in Mozilla browser reports that 4138.99 MB is used, while 3286.5 MB is free.
So, I am using the "TomTom Content Transfer Assistant". The process goes smoothly until the very end when the data needs to be transferred to GO Live 1015.
There I have the following message: "Warning: There is not enough space on your new device for the selected items". Even if I select only 'Favourites' or 'Map colour schemes' only, the message remains.

1) Any solution to this problem? I did Googled it, but it is not reported by many users. Unfortunately, even when this problem was reported and well described, no posts on the eventual solution.

2) Is it possible that the current version of "TomTom Content Transfer Assistant" does not yet supports GO Live 1015?

Many thanks,
Vladimir.

What happens if you manually transfer just one item (such as a POI file set or a colour scheme) to the 1015 from the 930 (or from any other source), using MyTomTom's "Add community content" method?

Does it still complain about no space?

there's nothing you can do in the Content Transfer Assistant that you can't do manually in Add Comm. Content.

So it might be a bit more work, but it can be done.

It should support the 1015 model, so I don't think that's the issue.

And certainly the stuff you wish to transfer should not come anywhere near the size it shows you have available.

May I suggest you try a different browser (IE, maybe) and if you run into the same message about not enough space, I'm afraid you'll need to call CS to investigate. You may need 2nd level support:

Deutschland
0180 500 38 42

Mo-Fr: 10:00-18:30
(14 Cent/Min. vom deutschen Festnetz (mobile Tarife können variieren)

One other thing to check...

Make sure you've used a DIFFERENT email address for your 1015 model account than you used for the 930.

Ask a Question