TomTom and Bluetooth Personal Area Network (PAN)?

Does anyone know if TomTom is working on (or at least acknowledging that they need to work on) a way to use the GO x10s with Bluetooth Personal Area Network (PAN) profiles?

All of the new PDA phones and Smartphones with Windows Mobile no longer have Bluetooth Dial-up Networking (DUN), which is required to take advantage of the traffic updates. On these phones, DUN was replaced with PAN, but as far as I can see, PAN just doesn't work with TomTom Traffic. I have been unable to find any tweaks that will go around this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unless there is a firmwire for the Bluetooth on the x10 range. So far, I don't think TT has taken this account for. They should because so many users can't acess their TT Plus feature due to phones not compatible with accessing Plus.

Any update to the BT PAN? Been many months....
There was a hack for my phone that allowed me to install the DUN on it since it only has PAN. Microsoft says in the Windows Moblie 6 the OS is shipped with both, it is the cellphone carrier & phone makers that turn off DUN, but it is still there capable of being turned on.

I use a T-Mobile Wing, and it communicates fine with my Rider, however I have no idea what protocol it is using. I am assuming it is DUN because I do not need to turn on the PAN in the Windows screens on the phone.

Ask a Question