Bluetooth headset = no sound from Tomtom?

Got a new car stereo that supports bluetooth handsfree, which my iPhone 4 is set up to use. The stereo unfortunately does not support playing sound/music over Bluetooth (A2DP), yet Tomtom for iPhone still tries to play over bluetooth. Because of this I get no sound at all, not through the iPhone speaker or the stereo. It would be nice if Tomtom would let me chooce which sound source to use? Actually I would prefer to play the sound from the Tomtom app from the phone directly.

This is not a problem when people call me, I can choose which source to use: iPhone, loudspeaker or bluetooth. Maybe Tomtom need to implement something similar? Or can I solve this another way? The car stereo is a Pioneer DEH-6200 BT.

Got a new car stereo that supports bluetooth handsfree, which my iPhone 4 is set up to use. The stereo unfortunately does not support playing sound/music over Bluetooth (A2DP), yet Tomtom for iPhone still tries to play over bluetooth. Because of this I get no sound at all, not through the iPhone speaker or the stereo. It would be nice if Tomtom would let me chooce which sound source to use? Actually I would prefer to play the sound from the Tomtom app from the phone directly.

This is not a problem when people call me, I can choose which source to use: iPhone, loudspeaker or bluetooth. Maybe Tomtom need to implement something similar? Or can I solve this another way? The car stereo is a Pioneer DEH-6200 BT.

Step by step
1) make sure BT for Pioneer unit and iPhone is on
2) Make sure you can pair the two units
3) start car
4) tune radio to station
5) establish BT iPhone to Pioneer unit
6) start the ipod function of the iPhone and play a song
7) Start TomTom and enter a destination
8) after route starts go back to the itune control and look to the right of play controls. You will see what looks like a folder with a short arrow in it. Hit that and that will change the display select an audio source, iphone, speaker (of iphone) or pioneer.

Choose the speaker and get the directions from your unit and the radio plays on. (you will need to go to the top of the TomTom display and just pause the itunes play) When you get a phone call the phone will automatically route to the speakers of the pioneer unit.

Found this out while using Ford sync and BT in my 2009 Escape.

Ask a Question