TomTom 910 car mount removal

Now this may be a stupid question to some, but how the hell do you easily remove the TomTom supplied windscreen mount from the TomTom unit?
I find it extremely difficult and sometimes impossible to remove the mount and at the moment I want to update my speedcamera files and can't.
Any help appreciated.

There's a button on the top middle part of the 910. Press this button and at the same time tilt the lower end upward and against the mount. This is well explained in the start-up guide.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't seen anything relating to what you explain but will sit down and have a good read over a cup of coffee. I much appreciate your help.

Yes, the release button is on top of the screen. Hold down and try to release the mount from the unit. New units tend to be tough to remove.

Here's a link (courtesy of Predro2NR) showing how to dock the 910 onto its base http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=5234&Lid=4. Thus, to undock, press the top-center button (see attached image) and pulling the lower end of the 910 in the opposite direction as shown in step 4.

Attachments

• Release button.jpg
    Release button.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 465
Thanks for all the replies and I have it sorted now. The photo layout posted by zerimar doesn't seem to have been included in the TomTom packaging and I have checked again just in case I overlooked it. At first glace I assumed that the button was for removing the replacement surrounds that can be purchased, but as my wife so often says, 'you are only a man so what do you know about anything':)
Thanks once again.

Ask a Question