Car Symbols on TomTOM Go 910

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by grod777, Jul 9, 2009.

1. grod777

grod777

I have a GO 910. When ever I press Car Symbols on TomTom Home it states that my device is not compatible. Last year TomTom support told me if I updated my map I could change the arrorw symbol on the map to something else. I updated my map recently and I still get the same message. I emailed support back and I have been going back and forth with them and still can't get it to work. I have asked them twice to confirm in their lab that I can or cannot do this on a 910 model and have not recieved a reply to that question. Can anyone help? I would like to be able to change the arrow to a car or something else. FYI: I also get the not compatible message when I click on Fuel Prices, Routes, Home Symbol, Buddy Symbol and Favorite Symbol on the Home software.

grod777, Jul 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. grod777

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Updating a map will do nothing for whether a certain model can have custom car icons or not. Another example of TomTom support giving a wrong answer.......

Models than CAN have custom car icons still do not see them in 2D view, only 3D view.

But my understanding is that a 910 CAN do itinerary planning.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    dhn, Jul 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. grod777

grod777

I figured as much. I just want them to admit they are wrong. I upgraded my map for 2 reasons, for the car symbol change and to update my map in general. So as I see it I only got 50% of it's value since they gave me the wrong info. Do you know of a way to change the arrow?

grod777, Jul 9, 2009
  4. grod777

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    I've never attempted to change car icons before. Post in this forum. Someone there will be able to help.

mvl, Jul 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question