Tim Hortons - Canada

Hey guys, just stumbled across this site today...wow...I have alot of reading to do! I have downloaded the Tim's POI file but need some direction as to exactly how.where to unzip/install them to. Would really appreciate some guidance. have the Go910 if that matters.

is there a newer version of timmys?i live in vernon bc and theres 3 that are not in the file.also is there a mcdonalds file anywhere?thanx

thanx so much for the offer,ill get the adresses today,a weird thing hapend,i selected a timmys that was in the file and it had the proper adress but it showed as a diferent location on the gps.it did the same with a walmart poi as well.the poi has the corect adress but the unit shows a diferent location.strange,

thanx so much for the offer,ill get the adresses today,a weird thing hapend,i selected a timmys that was in the file and it had the proper adress but it showed as a diferent location on the gps.it did the same with a walmart poi as well.the poi has the corect adress but the unit shows a diferent location.strange,

I get that in Ottawa as well. There is an Esso with a Timmies, and a stand alone across the street. The addresses are right, but the GPS shows the two of them side by each.

hi digi flex,the new adress worked fine,the weird thing is the first one in the vernon file,the 2601 highway 6 location shows up diferently on the unit,it shows up at highway 97 and 30 ave,it shows the proper adrss at the top but it shows the wrong location.any ideas on why it does that,the starbucks one does it too,thanx for adding the adress.

Total Rookie

Hi- Just got the Tomtom XL-S for Christmas. Would like to add Tim Hortons to my POI list. I have downloaded the Digi Flex .OV2 file, but can't seem to get the information on to my GPS. I'm technologically challenged. Does anyone have the patience to help?:eek:

wow this is awesome, thanks for all the hard work :)

just got TT for xmas, as well as my father. He'll love this even more then I do :D

thanks again

Ok, I extracted the source text from both the Tim Hortons OV2 files, and merged them together, and sorted by Longitude.

The entries with the postal codes are those from GPS-Data site, which is believe is newer and contains more entries. The entries without the postal codes, are from this site.

Here is a link to the combined file, in plain text mode.

As you can see, there are some obvious discrepencies. I was going to remove the dups, but upon closer inspection, you can see the longitude and latitude coords do not match from one file to the other... which is right? Who knows! Does it matter at that minute level? Maybe to some people.

Ok so im really green here but how do you get it from a text file (which you have supplied) to the file i need in order to put it on my TT.

thanks

umm... one of the Tim Horton's location is wrong. It's supposed to be in the Yukon I think but the icon is over the US (I think the lat/long were swapped lol).

anyway.. dang this was on page 13 of "New Posts"! This forum is really growing.

Some new locations

9800 Chinguacousy Rd
Brampton,ON L6X 5E9 CA
Tel: (905) 874-8185

10041 McLaughlin Rd
Brampton,ON L6V 1A1 CA

11890 Hurontario St
Brampton,ON L6Z 4P2 CA

156 Sandalwood Pkwy E
Brampton,ON L6Z 1Y5 CA

675 Main St N
Brampton,ON L6V 1A1 CA

400 Queen St W
Brampton,ON L6X 1B3 CA

2100 Bovaird Dr. E, William Osler Health Centre
Brampton,ON CA

10606 Heart Lake Rd
Brampton,ON L6T 3S1 CA

11 Mountainview Rd N
Georgetown,ON L7G 4T3 CA

20 Great Lakes Dr
Brampton,ON L6R 2K7 CA

152 West Dr
Brampton,ON L6T 5P1 CA

This thread rocks!! ^^^ I'll be adding those.

One I noticed is missing

3 Intermodal dr. Brampton, ON. (off of airport just north of 407 on the east side.)

Ask a Question