Tim Hortons - Canada

Hi George;

I use TYRE (http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php) as both my tool for creating Itineraries and for managing my POI's.

Check out Birdmans site (http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Google_POI.html) for an excellent tutorial on creating POI's with Tyre as well as a bunch of other great info.

I also downloaded the Tim Horton's POI's a while ago and found some errors. With Tyre (which hooks into Google Maps) I was able to move the POI's by clicking and dragging them onscreen. Putting google maps into 'Hybrid' mode, I could actually see the building which was Tim Hortons and placed my POI at the nearest exit from the road. Tyre is VERY easy to use and it's free.

I like to have things accurate so I'm in the process of correcting all the Tim Horton POI's in my area (Calgary). I contacted Tim Horton's head office and got an updated list of all the Tim Horton's in Calgary. While the Tim Horton's file that Digital-Flex posted here has about 50 locations in Calgary, the list I got has over 80 locations. Over the last couple of weeks I've been QAing? the locations, phoning locations to ask where they are and driving to many of them to check the accuracy. I've also added into the address if they are in an Esso, a theatre, Rona, university or Airport (no point in driving to one that's inside the airport).

I will post the OV2 file here soon and hope that Digital-Flex or Pedro2NR will incorporate it into the main file.

I plan on updating this file every 6 - 12 months. Tim Horton's has asked me to give them a copy of the file also, so maybe they are finally seeing the marketing value of having an accurate POI list of their locations.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike for the valuable info.

I am very please with the software you indicated in your post. I downloaded
"tyre" software and it looks great. I will use it for my Tim Horton that is at the wrong location in my town.

Again, a big thank you Mike.

George

Here is a POI file for Tim Horton's in Calgary.

I got an updated list from Tims Head Office. It contained over 80 locations. I used the Calgary locations in Digital-Flex's POI file at the start of this thread as a starting point.

All the locations have been placed manually and verified. I drove to over half of them and the placement is usually within a few metres (yards). Where the locations are in an Esso or a kiosk in a building or mall I've indicated that in the address line.

Digital-Flex (or Pedro2NR), if you could incorporate these into your file, I would appreciate it. I believe I have every location currently in Calgary and the accuracy is very good.

Tim Horton has also asked for a copy and have agreed to give me updated lists on request. I'll try to update every few months.

Attachments

• Tim Hortons - Calgary - Apr 7 2008.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 344
I too would be most interested in Timmys locations for N. Ontario and the GTA in Particular..?/

I'll start with the original POI list / file and see what transpires.

Thanx,

stk

As a new member here, I can only chuckle at what our friends from south of the border must think about our Timmies obsession. We make Starbucks junkies look like Girl Guides (or Girl Scouts for our American friends). It is nice to see a large Southern Ontario community here.

I'm in Michigan and there are LOTS of Tim Hortons here now (thank the Coffee Gods) :D

Ask a Question