Tim Hortons - Canada

The file is an .ov2 file and needs to be copied into the map folder,

then when you want to find a tims, you go through the normal poi process...navigate to a poi, poi near you, then search...type tim and click ok. then the nearest tims will show up, unless of course there are none near you which would be almost impossible....:)

because it is a user made collection, it will not show up unless you do the search. sometimes, after doing an initial search on my one , the tims icon is there the next time I look making it easier, but it generally gets overwritten after a few other searches for other businesses..

Last edited:
The file is an .ov2 file and needs to be copied into the map folder,

then when you want to find a tims, you go through the normal poi process...navigate to a poi, poi near you, then search...type tim and click ok. then the nearest tims will show up, unless of course there are none near you which would be almost impossible....:)

because it is a user made collection, it will not show up unless you do the search. sometimes, after doing an initial search on my one , the tims icon is there the next time I look making it easier, but it generally gets overwritten after a few other searches for other businesses..

So I can just drag the file into the map folder?...its that simple?

cheers

I have just joined as I was looking for Tim Horton POIs. I am a little confused though on which POI I should use so it is most accurate as of today.

Is it digital-flex's file from Nov. 19, 2007 or is it the one from gps-data-team.com?

Thank you

I use the one from this thread which for the most part in my area of Nova Scotia is pretty accurate. A few are off, but usually within visual contact of the Tim's.

There is one though in a graveyard in Truro, Nova Scotia. Guess the chaps there like coffee too! :) :)

Last edited:
I have a Tim Hortons poi (203kb) downloaded 2 weeks ago and it has 2546 items on it (I suppose this is equal to the number of locations). The 'newer' Tim Hortons poi (by DF) has file size of 196kb but have more items on it (2617) which make me believe that this has more Timmys locations. As to why the file size is smaller, I think somebody might have an explanation.

I have a Tim Hortons poi (203kb) downloaded 2 weeks ago and it has 2546 items on it (I suppose this is equal to the number of locations). The 'newer' Tim Hortons poi (by DF) has file size of 196kb but have more items on it (2617) which make me believe that this has more Timmys locations. As to why the file size is smaller, I think somebody might have an explanation.

Perhaps the description has more text to it?

I have a spreadsheet of the Tim Horton locations as of Jan 07.
The file includes Canada(2711) and US(336) for the total of 3047.

Im having trouble geocoding a handful of Canada addresses if anyone could help, please PM me.

Which ones do you need geo-coding for? Perhaps there are people in the forum that reside in those areas and could get the coordinates for you.

The people here have contacted me and helped me out. Thank you to those who helped me out. I have just to organize the data and sort it out.

Looking forward to an update!

Let me know if I can help in the Brampton/Mississauga area

Last edited:
Where is the map folder that this file needs to be copied to??? I am new at this

On your unit. The folder should say North America (or, perhaps, USA & Canada). Anyway, that's where the .ov2 and the .bmp files go.

Hi,

Please could you explain to me how to repair a POI that is not located correctly.

I got the Tim Horton's restaurants from POIfriend.com and the new one in Candiac, qc, canada is completely wrong. 2 or 3 miles in the wrong direction.

How can I adjust a POI that was made by someone else ?

George

Hi and thank you for the fast reply.

What am asking is, I downloaded POI for Tim Horton's, and the one in my neighborhood is completely off. It is on 2 to 3 miles away from the good location.

My question is this, is there a software that I could change the info's about this location, and save it to my TH's file ?

Thanks again,
George

Hi George;

I use TYRE (http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php) as both my tool for creating Itineraries and for managing my POI's.

Check out Birdmans site (http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Google_POI.html) for an excellent tutorial on creating POI's with Tyre as well as a bunch of other great info.

I also downloaded the Tim Horton's POI's a while ago and found some errors. With Tyre (which hooks into Google Maps) I was able to move the POI's by clicking and dragging them onscreen. Putting google maps into 'Hybrid' mode, I could actually see the building which was Tim Hortons and placed my POI at the nearest exit from the road. Tyre is VERY easy to use and it's free.

I like to have things accurate so I'm in the process of correcting all the Tim Horton POI's in my area (Calgary). I contacted Tim Horton's head office and got an updated list of all the Tim Horton's in Calgary. While the Tim Horton's file that Digital-Flex posted here has about 50 locations in Calgary, the list I got has over 80 locations. Over the last couple of weeks I've been QAing? the locations, phoning locations to ask where they are and driving to many of them to check the accuracy. I've also added into the address if they are in an Esso, a theatre, Rona, university or Airport (no point in driving to one that's inside the airport).

I will post the OV2 file here soon and hope that Digital-Flex or Pedro2NR will incorporate it into the main file.

I plan on updating this file every 6 - 12 months. Tim Horton's has asked me to give them a copy of the file also, so maybe they are finally seeing the marketing value of having an accurate POI list of their locations.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question