Stability of current TT1 application?

Back in the winter, I downloaded a 7.9 version (I believe it was 7.9) and had a lot of problems with lockup and rebooting, so I rolled back to 7.65. I am considering purchasing the latest USA and Canada map while they are on sale, and am wondering what the stability of the current app version is (8.something?). Thanks in advance for your input

I saw your earlier threads where you downloaded app 7.9. This means you must have an older Tomtom ONE (original, second edition, or limited edition). These Tomtom's aren't compatible with any app newer than 7.903.

You'll need 7.903 to read any new Tomtom maps.

I used 7.903 for a few months before I upgraded to an IQroutes Tomtom, and I never remembered much instability.

I would recommend doing a clean re-install of 7.903 and see if the stability is fixed on your old map. If so, then you should be fine with your new map.

To do a clean reinstall, first backup the Tomtom per these steps, then follow these steps for the clean reinstall.

Also, you may want to consider a purchase of a new 140. IQroutes is a HUGE improvement over earlier ONE models, and they come with the latest map pre-installed. The net increase in cost isn't that much over a map purchase.

Ask a Question