Sdhc Sd Card

Yes, what they said.

I tried a friends SDHC card in my TomTom ONE LE and it quite simply wouldn't recognize it, so I have first hand experience with an SDHC card and TomTom ONE.

Dam

Well i orderd one off the net , fingers crossed it will work but if not it wasnt too expensive anyway ... it will come in handy for something, thanks for the info guys

I have a One XL and my 2gb microSDHC works with no problems. My 4gb microSDHC card does not work. They are both Sandisk cards.

I have a One XL and my 2gb microSDHC works with no problems. My 4gb microSDHC card does not work. They are both Sandisk cards.

Unless proven wrong, there are no 2GB SDHC cards, it would be a regular SD card. SDHC starts at 4GB and up. There are some 4GB SD cards but they are rare and formatted FAT16 with large clusters.

Most Tomtom PNDs come with an integrated Samsung chip that comes in two flavors: S3C2412 found in the lower end models and the S3C2443 found in the x20 and, just introduced, x30. Those integrated chips nearly have everything on them to make the system work including cpu, memory controller, IO controller, hosts, display, audio etc. The S3C4212 USB support is to the v1.1 standard and not the newer v2 standard which is supported by the S3C2443. This USB interface is what one uses to connect the device to your computer and explains why the lower end models are quite slow to transfer data.

You must be correct. My 2gb card must not be SDHC. Both of my cards (2gb and 4gb) are both microSD, and I thought all microSD cards were SDHC. Both cards just have microSD printed on them!

Sorry about the confusion.

My 8gb works fine with music. Over 4 gb, you need to copy the files directly to the sd through sd-reader directly from your computer. On Window xp you need an extra add/fix from Microsoft.

I cant seem to get my 16gb patriot sdhc card to work, anyone have any ideas? it came formatted, it works perfect in my creative zen, but when i put it in my tomtom GO 730, the GO just tells me to format the card.

TomTom Go 730 and Patriot SDHC 16GB

I just put a Patriot 16GB SDHC into a new 730 and it recognized it right off the bat. I thought I would have to do some formatting but it recognized it right away. Must have had some upgrades between this post and now. I found this while trying to figure out what to do and thought an update would be nice.

Yeah, that previous post is almost 2 years old. Since then, updated firmware applications for the Go series allows for up to 32 gigs sdhc cards.

Ask a Question