Sandisk Extreme III SDHC card working in Rider v2

I just got a SanDisk Extreme III2GB SDHC card to work in the Riderv2

I had done this on a Mac.

I was trying to create and Restore a disk image using the mac Disk Utility...somethin which I have not had much success with...Images get created but then not written back.

Well out of boredom, i stuck a SDHC card in the USB reader ...and tried to write the original SD card image back to it....
At last it worked....

So ...not expecting it to work in the Tom Tom...I stuck it in...and it booted up just fine

Just posting this up for your interest/info really. anyone else had luck with any other brand of SDHC cards?

SDHC card

I have been looking at what SDHC card to get for my TT Go 730 and have seen the Sandisk Extreme cards for sale on Amazon but I'm not sure what the difference these will give a TT from the usual Class 6 SDHC cards. Can someone please advise me on this? Many thanks, Paul

No idea...I have the Rider v2....which is supposed to ONLY use straight SD cards...it is not supposed to be able to use SDHC at all.
That is why I posted

I don't think the SDHC spec supports 2GB. I believe it is a minimum of 4GB. My guess is that you have a plain old SD card, that may have been misbranded by the manufacturer.

yes you are correct.

I assumed that because it was the SanDisk Extreme III...and it is the fastest performing card I have for my camera, that it was SDHC...I did not think the SD cards had such good read/write performance.

But it is in fact, as you say, only SD...not SDHC...and not labeled as SDHC...my mistake.

I did get a 4gb SD card yesterday from TopRam...and that is def SD only....and 4GB and works in the Tom Tom Riderv2

Ask a Question