How do i use a sandisk 1GB sd card

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE XL Europe
I have a Sandisk 1GB SD card that I have formatted (FAT32) and have added extras to use in conjunction with my TomTom ONE XL,but when I insert the SD card it is not accepted by the device just get the red cross telling me to remove the card upon removing the card it works fine ..Any advice would be appreciated..

For that model, the map and operating system must reside in the same memory location, internal or sd card. In other words, you need to put the map and operating system files (the loose files in the root of the unit) on the card to make the firmware 'see' the map and make it work.

For that model, the map and operating system must reside in the same memory location, internal or sd card. In other words, you need to put the map and operating system files (the loose files in the root of the unit) on the card to make the firmware 'see' the map and make it work.

Thanks for your reply,I assume from this that I must back up the files in the root of the device then restore them to the SD card,will that also free up the storage on the device itself?

In your case, using this card makes no sense. It's the same size as your internal memory.

Please realize that when you insert the card, the unit ignores the internal memory and boots off the card. It's either/or.

So if you can't do what you want with the space on the internal memory, you will need a 2 gb card. And as dhn mentioned, you need to copy the entire contents of the internal memory over to the card - operating system files and map folder.

The only usefullness of your card, since it is the same size as internal memory, would be to facilitate the use of another map such as if you wanted to go to Europe and did not want to erase your USA&Canada map to make room for the European map and switch back when returning. It could also be used as a back-up for your whole system.

Thanx for all of your help guys

:D Thanx for all of your help guys

Ask a Question