Renaming maps

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Sometimes you gotta wonder what they are thinking...

I recently purchased the 720 maps (updated from 705). Since version 720 was too large for the available space on my TT, I sent it to the SD. All is working well and I'm a somewhat happy camper. However, it's always a guessing match if I go into Switch Maps since both of them are named North_America_2BG. I know how to go in an verify the map versions, but I haven't figured out a rhyme nor reason to the order the maps are presented.

So I got a real brain storm! How about renaming the maps to include the version number? Now there's a plan! I asked tech support and was told all I had to do was rename the root directory on my PC. Being the brilliant detective, I found the directory in the Backup folder, changed the name, and then did a restore. Well no success.

Has anyone figured out if there is a proper way to rename maps? I'm hesitant to just delete the North_American_2GB directory and see what that does.

Thanks.

Sometimes you gotta wonder what they are thinking...

I recently purchased the 720 maps (updated from 705). Since version 720 was too large for the available space on my TT, I sent it to the SD. All is working well and I'm a somewhat happy camper. However, it's always a guessing match if I go into Switch Maps since both of them are named North_America_2BG. I know how to go in an verify the map versions, but I haven't figured out a rhyme nor reason to the order the maps are presented.

So I got a real brain storm! How about renaming the maps to include the version number? Now there's a plan! I asked tech support and was told all I had to do was rename the root directory on my PC. Being the brilliant detective, I found the directory in the Backup folder, changed the name, and then did a restore. Well no success.

Has anyone figured out if there is a proper way to rename maps? I'm hesitant to just delete the North_American_2GB directory and see what that does.

Thanks.

See this thread on a Brit forum for a solution.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=61540&highlight=rename+maps

Ask a Question