Release date for maps V815.XXXX?

Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone happens to know when was it that the folks at TomTom released (V815.XXXX if I recall correctly). My brother got this unit on 12/25 as a gift that was purchased on 11/28 and I recall trying to make sure he had the latest map and the TomTom software mentioned that it did. He currently has 725.1905.

I am hoping that with this information, he could still get the latest map guarantee due to the software provided by TomTom possibly lying about the fact that the had the latest map guarantee. To bad I did not know about these forums until now. Thanks!

Home is often wrong about a user having the Latest Map. 8.15 came out in November.

However, unless the firmware is at the version 8 level, no version 8 maps will be offered (and this may be the case here. You can tell the firmware version by tapping the satellite bars. The next screen shows the firmware version).

Call support at 866-486-6866 and explain that you should be entitled to the map but Home gave the wrong information.

Expect to be asked to provide a scan/fax or photo of the sales receipt.

Ask a Question