Map release dates

I have a refurbished XL 330 coming in the mail. I think the latest map is 8.3. Does anyone know when it was released and when the next update map will be released?

(I've moved the thread to a more appropriate forum).

The latest maps (830) were released on or about May 27th for most models. That being the case, one would expect the next update to be about 3 months from that date, say near the end of August.

I wish you would have done a little more research. I think you would have been much happier with a 340 model, as it has advance lane guidance and IQRoutes (HUUUUGE improvement in Tomtoms routing system) and more internal storage space (2gb vs 1gb)

That said I have a 330 and its a nice unit. Above all its been very reliable...

Like mentioned the latest version of the map is 830. However I think I downloaded it on Monday, May 18th. According to properties in windows explorer thats when the file was created. However I'm still not 100% positive.

If you are going to get a new map when you get this unit keep this in mind, esp for the 1gb model like the 330. The more map area the more modified it has to be to fit. I've been told things like creeks, ponds, building detail, and even the curves of a road will be diminished to make it fit. If I had it too do over again I would have bought the USA map, not the preloaded USA/Canada map just too get a little more detail out of it...

Then again a bigger map may interest you more then useless details.... :)

Ask a Question