Recording Trips

I was recently given a TOMTOM 910 and was hoping there was a way to record and export trips via TOMTOM Home. A buddy has a feature on his Magellen that can do this, so I was hoping to have the same feature.

Thanks,

Hans

The TomTom doesn't have that functionality but some 3rd party apps work if you have less than v8 firmware installed. One is Event logger and it does what you want., I think.

I looked at the Event Logger website and it appears that the program is only for PC, should i look elsewhere, or does event logger have a MAC OS version that I missed?

I looked at the Event Logger website and it appears that the program is only for PC, should i look elsewhere, or does event logger have a MAC OS version that I missed?

Event Logger runs on the TomTom. It outputs standard GPS track files in various formats, selectable by the user, and is extremely powerful for anyone wanting to log their tracks or specific locations for geotagging photos, etc, etc.

Once installed and configured on the TomTom, it starts and runs automatically in the background, and you can mark locations with the additional screen buttons added to the TT menus, into either GPS track files or actual TT Itinerary format files for easy back-tracking to previous locations, etc.

I run it on my old TomTom One and it works really well. Excellent documentation as well.

In terms of geotagging photos on a computer, I've tried maybe 10 different prgrams and like GeoSetter the best. It takes most GPS track formats as input and once you load the pics, it allows very flexible automatic merging and extraction of the GPS track locations to update the picture location data.

You can view the gps tracks (and geotagged pics) on Google Earth, Google Maps, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Ask a Question