RDS/TMC ant. vs. bluetooth traffic

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live (not Used), Iphone 4 with TomTom & Navigon and TomTom Car Kit (not used)
OK, does anyone know the difference of the information, point in case:
Last night rush hour Wayne NJ to Baltimore. turnpike to 95 to 695 to 795 distance 220mi. left Wayne 3:30 PM arrive Baltimore 8:28pm

bluetooth traffic: in NJ no delays, actual many delays on turnpike. After 295 in /delaware nothing till 95 in Whitemarsh on 95 in MD, time for trip jumped by 1 hour with delays in 95 and 695,total 7 delays, mostly in the construction area. actually nothing delayed

on RDS antena: Turnpike from exit 8 to Dealware nothing, Delaware on 95 to 695 in MD nothing, and 695 to 795 no delays, time to arrival reverted back to original time and was accurate. the only problem was the cosnstant search for a station. The looking for traffic station was constantly coming on even though I could receive the station on the radio as indicated on the last fix.

In short over the bluetooth got constant updates showing delays in route, over the RDS ant. no delays. Actual traffic conditions from south NJ to Baltimore on 95 and 695 minimal delays, they were volume dealys only when present in Delaware on 95.

Ok so does anyone know what is up

Tomtom 720, treo 700WX verizon.

Have been holding off getting the receiver based on early indications like yours. I do get pretty accurate congested traffic notations from bluetooth service however in SF Bay area.

Need more side-by-side examples like yours. I would suggest that anyone in areas where there is always congestion in certain spots and times of day report how the receiver handles them.

I was wondering the same thing. Sometime the bluetooth traffic(Cingular(AT&T)8125 is amazing. It let's me know what is going on and is very accurate. For last week it has been telling no traffic on my way to work into Downtown LA. While I'm sitting in a huge traffic jam. It got so bad I started using MSN live search for traffic updates.

Ask a Question