RDS-TMC Antenna compatibility

Hey, I might have goofed, but a Circuit City going out of business had a traffic antenna for $20 before closing their doors this week, so I bought it cuz it said "ONE" right on the front of the package and couldn't pass up the deal.

After further investigation, it says its compatible with TomTom One 125 and 130 I think, and I plugged it in anyway and nothing happens.

Did I buy the wrong thing? I suppose I can put it up on Ebay and at least get my money back.

Fixed it!!!

I had never updated my TomTom One 3rd edition before because the software updates gave me errors. I was able to download new Home software and started updating my TTOne3rd ed. The RDS-TMC antenna works now!

For those who care, I bought the one that is labeled "ONE" and "XL" on the front of the box, and on the side of the box it says:
Compatible with:
TomTom ONE 125
TomTom ONE 130
TomTom XL 330

Thats it. But after updates, it seems to work like a charm.
Circuit City by my work was closing and I picked it up for $20, so that and a 1 year free is a pretty smokin deal.

You did not say what unit you had. Does it say it is supposed to have traffic in its list of features?

Worse case - sell on Ebay as new but opened. It should come with a one year service connection.

Wouldn't these work on GO models as well? If they do, I'll run out and purchase one right now.

Edit: UGH! Not a single store closing here in Tampa :(

Ask a Question