QuickGPSfix updates

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I know that 'QuickGPSfix' updates come out at least once per week to help our devices find the satellites more quickly. I've been updating my TT One 3rd ED quite frequently. But I noticed that when there's a Quickfix update -- and I click on the 'more info' button -- it shows the update number (today it was 1200340737). After downloading and installing an update, I use 'show contents of my device' of TT Home to see what version of the Quickfix is installed. It never shows the file number that I just downloaded and installed. I've also checked the files using Windows Explorer, and no file numbers can be seen in the 'ephem' directory. I wonder if the update is really happening. :confused:

Anyone else notice this? I might add that my TT is working just fine. Just wondering why I don't see the expected version of QuickGPSfix stored.

Thanx.

I too updated the gpsfix today and when I look at the ephem directory with a file manager (not windows explorer...I don't consider that a file manager...) I see time and date correct for today's download.

When using explorer under the "view" menu select "details" and then you should be able to see the date and time of the gpsfix file installation.

I too updated the gpsfix today and when I look at the ephem directory with a file manager (not windows explorer...I don't consider that a file manager...) I see time and date correct for today's download.

When using explorer under the "view" menu select "details" and then you should be able to see the date and time of the gpsfix file installation.
Thanks flyer1024,

Yes, I see today's date for the files stored in 'ephem'. If fact, when I double-click on 'ee_meta.txt' in that directory, I see the file version "Expiry=1200427183"... which was the version it shows thru TT Home. I was just curious as to why the version numbers were different. No big deal, just wanted to be sure mine was actually updating.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question