Qs re POIs

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
In the "Remove Items from you TomTom Device" (TomTom Home) there is the POI category. The different POIs I see here (9 in my case) are just the ones I installed...ie not those on the TT originally? I ask this as I want to delete some that I accidentally installed that I got from TomTom Home. And deleting a POI category that I had dloaded wont delete any of the same entries that may be also on the unit originally?

I guess related to this...how does TT 'integrate' custom POIs with one's that came with the unit? They are all available for me to find in a search? Say a specific church is not in a custom POI ("Church") but is for whatever reason on the unit from the factory. It is available to me to find?

And what about duplicate POI entries; entries that have the same address but maybe a (slightly) different name?

And finally how does one view from my TT *all* the entries in a POI category....not just the ones near me or in a particular city or near Home?

In the "Remove Items from you TomTom Device" (TomTom Home) there is the POI category. The different POIs I see here (9 in my case) are just the ones I installed...ie not those on the TT originally? I ask this as I want to delete some that I accidentally installed that I got from TomTom Home. And deleting a POI category that I had dloaded wont delete any of the same entries that may be also on the unit originally?

Correct
I guess related to this...how does TT 'integrate' custom POIs with one's that came with the unit? They are all available for me to find in a search? Say a specific church is not in a custom POI ("Church") but is for whatever reason on the unit from the factory. It is available to me to find?

Yes

And finally how does one view from my TT *all* the entries in a POI category....not just the ones near me or in a particular city or near Home?

Use the 'find' button

Use the 'find' button

Sorry I bet it is obvious but the only way I can see to view a POI category on my TT is to first "Navigate to..." then select "Point of Interest" and then one must choose "POI near you" or POI in city" or "POI near Home".

And I would think that choosing any of these 3 would exclude some of the specific locations within the POI category i.e. ones not near me or in another city of not near home?

Last edited:
Let's say you select 'in city' and pick 'Markham'. Then click 'find' and type 'burger'. It'll show ALL listings that include that name (like 'Burger King') whether in Markham or not. Just keep scrolling down the list ....

Let's say you select 'in city' and pick 'Markham'. Then click 'find' and type 'burger'. It'll show ALL listings that include that name (like 'Burger King') whether in Markham or not. Just keep scrolling down the list ....

The "Doctor" POI file is, according to TT HOME, over 14 megs in size but scrollling down shows less than 20 listings :confused:. This led to to believe that there are many other entries in this custom POI which I am not seeing.

Ask a Question