Proxy settings on TomTom One XL?

Hi everyone,

Just got a TT One XL. Had it for 3 hours and already seeing if I can tether it to my phone to get data access.

Here's the deal. I have T-Mobile, and have the old data plan where I have to connect through wap.voicestream.com and use proxy settings, as that APN doesn't allow data through port 80. I've verified that bluetooth tethering and proxy Web access are working through my laptop's tether.

I've modified the connection strings on the TT to connect through tethering. This works, a data connection is firmly established between the TT and the phone (SE k700i if you're curious). However the TT isn't able to access the PLUS services as - as far as I can tell - it tries to connect over port 80.

Is there some hack, either through modifying a string in the TT or some third-party app, that will let me use the TT's data connection via port 8080 on the proxy that I use? I'm guessing "no" from what I've found, but I thought I'd ask explicitly.

Thanks

Ask a Question