How do you change the settings

TomTom Model(s)
GO 600
Hi, I have a GO 600 & was wondering when setting a route say from A to B and it’s not the way you would like to go how do you change it.

Thanks Reg

On the map, press and hold a point on the route you would prefer, hit the 'dots in the circle' icon to the right of the description of the location that comes up, and add it to your current route. That MAY be enough to force the route in the direction you wish for it to go.

We live on 12kms of gravel road. Typically it takes about 15minutes to cover the distance. My TomTom Go allocates exactly 1hr. Is there some way to change what I assume is a default speed setting ?

Alas, no. Speed changes aren't even possible yet for this latest generation of TomToms (lots of missing features still to be added), and when that does become possible, you can bet that it will be the same as it is now for prior generations....

Your corrected speeds will appear on the unit, and can warn you that you're over a limit, but are not factored in and do not impact the ETA estimate. Not unless/until you receive that information back by Mapshare changes or they're incorporated into the released maps will you actually see a change in ETA based upon your higher estimated speed for that 12km of road.

We live on 12kms of gravel road. Typically it takes about 15minutes to cover the distance. My TomTom Go allocates exactly 1hr. Is there some way to change what I assume is a default speed setting ?
Alas, no. Speed changes aren't even possible yet for this latest generation of TomToms (lots of missing features still to be added), and when that does become possible, you can bet that it will be the same as it is now for prior generations....

Your corrected speeds will appear on the unit, and can warn you that you're over a limit, but are not factored in and do not impact the ETA estimate. Not unless/until you receive that information back by Mapshare changes or they're incorporated into the released maps will you actually see a change in ETA based upon your higher estimated speed for that 12km of road.
Thanks for that. Is the map share automatic? If not what's the process?

Mapshares are normally offered daily when you connect your device to MyDrive.

The question is how long it will take TomTom to process the change that is made and feed it back to the unit via Mapshare. In the past, IF they ever get around to processing it, it can take forever to see it returned.

Recommendation to the OP: Go ahead and report your change manually on the TomTom website designed specifically for this purpose. Determine the actual speed limit for your road, and let them know what it is. The website can be found here >>> http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

If/when the requested change is approved (and this can happen fairly quickly) you may see the change reflected in Mapshare fairly quickly (which is what will help you immediately), and incorporated into new map releases six to nine months down the road.

Ask a Question