power issues with the Car Kit??

TomTom Model(s)
IPhone4 / XL One
I just recv'd the car kit for my iPhone and am having issues with the power. I place the phone in the cradle and have to unplug the usb/car charger and replug it for it to power the BT and cradle. Is this normal?? Shouldn't the phone get the charge sync icon as soon as I place it in the cradle? Also the light on the cig plug corresponds with this: it comes on only when I unplug & replug the usb power jack. I can unplug the cig adapter and replace and nothing happens. It has to do with the usb plug....

Power sisue

HI there
I have a TT car kit for the iPhone and have no problems with it.
Its plugged in via an extension lead to the gig socket and then under the drivers car etc. to the car kit, and every time I plug the iPhone in the phone charges and away we go. Perhaps you have a faulty car kit? :sad:
Can you try it in another car to see if you get the same results and that way you will know the outcome.:)

What iPhone model?

I have a new TT cradle and get no power whatsoever to my iPhone.

Very frustrating...

If you have iPhone 4 you need a bracket pad available free from TomTom. Alternately, you can use Velcro, as was described numerous times in this forum,

All sorted!

If you have iPhone 4 you need a bracket pad available free from TomTom. Alternately, you can use Velcro, as was described numerous times in this forum,

Thanks for the reply.

All sorted now.

I had a faulty unit (complete with the iPhone 4 adaptor).

Whole thing works flawlessly now and it's hands-down the most stable cradle I have ever had for my iPhone - as well as being a great solution for power and hands-free. :thumb:

Quite amazing what a tiny "cap" of plastic can do for the performance of a device, though.

Let's hope the new iPhone doesn't change form factor too much!

And now it's dead again...

So after a few weeks of blissful and flawless operation, I no longer have charging.

Power's going to the unit, bluetooth connects, GPS enhanced chip works, Tomtom app says I am docked, but no power.

So strange...all I can think of is that there may be some lint in my dock connector port?
Odd, though - the iPhone charges via sync cable or power adaptor - why not with the TomTom?

Ask a Question