POIs shown on map?

TomTom Model(s)
One
Is it just me, or...

I downloaded the POIs posted here... Let's take the McDonalds POIs:

I passed three MDs, but none of them showed up on my map. Also, doing a find on POIs, I selected MDs and searched for my area code, but... nothing!

Is the file just incomplete? Or, perhaps, did I load it wrong? I just dropped the two files into the map folder...

Any ideas?

(I hope I put this in the right forum...)

Maybe your area isn't coverd inthe downloaded POI... I guess you'll have to wait for someone in your area, or one of the POI guys to let you know.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

The POIs are made by all major cities in the US. Other cities I add to a database I have. This is why I need feed back from users and why I posted this thread

MD Pois

Also Businesses open and close! Also just like your tomtom map that is old compared to mine or your friend who just bought it yesturday has an updated map.
Pedro is right give us your imput and we'll upgate the Poi's! Sure we'll update it faster than tomtom does their maps!

Great point George. I know here in Southern Cali all the Sav-on have been changed to CVS Pharmacy.

I've been updated POIs and Icons all day. My eyes hurt. :eek:

No i don't but the McDonald's POI is the biggest POI file here. It has over 6000 sites and it takes forever for POIedit to find any duplicates.

Ask a Question