POI Issue Post-firmware update

This past weekend me and my wife went on a trip to Boston and we used the routing from our home to the hotel and it worked great. However, I wanted to search for some POI's around the hotel and whenever I typed in the name (partial or full name) and tried to search the screen grayed out with the keyboard letters still visible and only the back button active. Now, I was just in Boston last month and I was able to search for POIs with no problem. The only way that I was able to route to a POI this time was if I knew the address and searched that way. Anyone else had this or a similar problem since the latest f/w update?

This past weekend me and my wife went on a trip to Boston and we used the routing from our home to the hotel and it worked great. However, I wanted to search for some POI's around the hotel and whenever I typed in the name (partial or full name) and tried to search the screen grayed out with the keyboard letters still visible and only the back button active. Now, I was just in Boston last month and I was able to search for POIs with no problem. The only way that I was able to route to a POI this time was if I knew the address and searched that way. Anyone else had this or a similar problem since the latest f/w update?

Were you searching for a poi 'near me' or 'in city'?

I had the same (?) problem.
It was either POIs not working or road-crossings not found. Sometimes after re-boot it was the one, sometimes the other problem.
Reverting back to FW 7.221 fixed it. (FW 7.480 showed the same behaviour)

It was either POIs not working or road-crossings not found. Sometimes after re-boot it was the one, sometimes the other problem.

Hi there, I have had exactly the same problem, if I use point of interest first, no crossings, or vice versa. I contacted TT, this was the reply.

Dear Mr atkinson,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

This is an issue that some users have experienced after the latest update. The only solution at this time is to revert back to the previous version of the software by restoring your bacckup if you made on with TomTom Home. We will be releasing a software update in the near future which will resolve the issue.

In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Hi there, I have had exactly the same problem, if I use point of interest first, no crossings, or vice versa. I contacted TT, this was the reply.

Dear Mr atkinson,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

This is an issue that some users have experienced after the latest update. The only solution at this time is to revert back to the previous version of the software by restoring your bacckup if you made on with TomTom Home. We will be releasing a software update in the near future which will resolve the issue.

In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

PS, forgot to mention, I did a back up, used it, no difference.

Were you searching for a poi 'near me' or 'in city'?

Actually I tried both, as well as rebooting the unit and letting it sit at the screen 'frozen screen.' (I thought it could just be slow, sometimes patience works.)

Wow, sometimes procrastination pays off. I've been wanting to get the latest firmware but was putting it off till I could get to a high speed connection. Man am I glad I haven't yet. I think I'll stick with 7.221 a while longer.

Ask a Question