Planned rte different

I am fairly new to this Tomtom1 3rd edition and have a question.I planned out a rte using Tyre\Google and saved it in Tyre and copied it to my device. When I brought up that rte in my Tomtom, half the rte was correct and the other half was not what I had set up, although it came to the same destination.Thanks Papat

My understanding is that TT has a mind of its own sometimes when dealing with imported .itn files. I believe the solution is to add more waypoints while in Tyre and then export to TT. The more waypoints, the less inclined it is for TT to do its own thing ....

One important thing people must remember is TT only loads waypoints from Tyre .itn file, NOT the route that Tyre has plotted (same as if using Houghi site). The only guarantee is TT will route passing through those waypoints.
How it gets there is another story.
To enforce TT routes exactly as Tyre's plot, add more waypoints in that section.

Make sure you saved the itn file after adding the additional waypoints and that the newly saved file is loaded as the route in your TomTom. When adding waypoints zoom in as much as possible to make sure you get the waypoint on the correct side of the highway. I frequently have to add waypoints to force TomTom to follow my desired route, but it usually just takes a few.

Ask a Question