pairing help

i have a 920t and a samsung sph-m630. i had the phone connected via bluetooth and was trying to get the data to work when i hit samsung sgh-800 insted of other and now it wont ask me my provider or phone type when trying to establish data connect. so far i have 1 deleted the phone from memory of tomtom. 2 deleted the tomtom from phone memory and still the same problem when trying to establish data connection. it goes all the way to 50% and then fails. then i get you want to set up manually and i choose yes and it goes to the access point passing country and carrier and phone. could this be cause my tomtom retaining these settings cause of being assigned to the bluetooth address of my phone. if so does anyone know how to get rid of these settings?

some questions first:
1) re-set the tomtotm
2) re-set the phone
3) who is your provider and do you have data acess?

You might also want to clear-flash the TomTom also.

But before doing that, note that the data settings usually have to be input manually for many of the devices anyway. It might have behaved the same way even if you had entered 630 as the model forst.

Search the forum for the posts on setting up connections, and see if you can find posts for your carrier (?), and then see if they have listed settings you will need to do it manually. This is no big thing, and may get you connected in a few minutes.

Be glad that your device has not been locked down by Samsung like many of their other devices that TomTom's indicate are not even configured for data service.

Note - you will also need an appropriate data plan with your carrier.

Ask a Question