Ontario Beer Stores

Here are the first 50 entries in my effort to complete a list of the over 400 locations in Ontario. Most of these are in Eastern Ont as well as some Central.

More to come soon.. I will up date them in batches of 50.

Attachments

• ont beer store.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 529
Updated Beer Store File

here is an updated (Dec 1 2007) file of the Beer Stores in Ontario. I only have 107 of the over 440 done so far. This includes most of eastern Ontario from Peterborough to Ottawa including some of the Ottawa Valley.

Attachments

• Ontario_Beer_Stores.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 450
Thank you

Thank you for this.
Is there any way I can request a little north of the city like Thornhill, North York area next?
I would be more that willing to take on the task if you help me get started im kinda new to the POIs. But very tech savey. And I have nothing better to do.

Here are the first 50 entries in my effort to complete a list of the over 400 locations in Ontario. Most of these are in Eastern Ont as well as some Central.

More to come soon.. I will up date them in batches of 50.

Shades of "Strange Brew" - good job.

Beer Stores

I will be uploading another batch, perhaps tomorrow or later this week. I will try to do the North York area, I will likely complete southern Ontario before I hit the north.

As for getting started, it is actually quite easy. I use POIedit ( i think) this creates the .ov2 file format. to locate the coordinates, I use a combination of google earth and the google maps and get the GPS coordinates for the addresses of the locations according to the Beer Store web site.

There are 'How To's" on this forum somewhere for how to create the POI's

this is a great idea, I think im going to create a batch of other popular chains to help out the community as well :)

I very much appreciate your efforts in providing these important locations. :D

Is it necessary to have "The Beer Store" at the beginning of each address? When reviewing the list, the actual address is hardly visible because the title uses almost the full line on the TT screen.

Thanks again for your efforts.

I have london ontario beer stores done. If you would like my ov2 file id be happy to send it to you.
shoot me a pm if your interested

Ask a Question