New Member from Ontario

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550
Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada and just purchased the XXL 550 a few days ago. I was previously using TeleNav on my BlackBerry, so this is quite a step up for me to say the least. I have two questions on one subject for the vets here:
1) Does the EasyPort mount work with all models or are there different EP mounts for different models. I am looking to purchase a second one and the one listed on the TT website does not list the XXL 550 as a supported model.
2) Does anyone know a good place for an EP mount other than the TT website that ships to Canada? Everything on eBay seems to be non-OEM which I am trying to stay away from for now.

Thanks!

I have the XXL 540-TM and used to have a XL 340-S and XXL 540-S. All used the same Easy Port mount. Far as I'm aware this EP mount is the same across the models that have this feature.

Had the TomTom model 9UUB.052.00 Dashboard Mount which worked well with the 340-S but didn't allow full movement with the slightly larger 540-S. Now using an Arkon model TTEP112 TomTom EasyPort Friction Dash Mount which has a gooseneck on it which works well with the 540-TM although it sits a little high above the base - wish it was a little lower. Funny thing is both of these dash mounts use the exact same base - just that the Arkon's gooseneck gives it the edge by far for use with a 540/550-series.

I understand your wanting to stick to TomTom OEM accessories but per my personal experience listed above I strongly suggest you check out the Arkon model TTEP112 TomTom EasyPort Friction Dash Mount. I got mine from Amazon and just checked Amazon Canada - they list it so you can get it in Canada online:

Arkon TTEP112 TomTom EasyPort Mount - Friction Dash Mount: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Hope this helps you out!

Ask a Question