One XL USB connector fell out!

Hi,

This is my first post!

Ever since ive had the One XL, just over a year ive had problems with charging, at one point it was returned to TomTom for warranty repaired due to it 'blowing up'!! They said it was a power issue.

Just recently it has struggled to maintain power, ive tried turning the cig lighter end and eventually power is restored. However, whilst updating the device the USB connector just fell into the XL!! Clearly it was the USB connector that was the problem.

Is this a known problem with the One XL our am I just unlucky?! Ive contacted TomTom who will look at it and get back to me with either a free repair or a quote, the latter is more likely i think.

Any idea what kind of cost this might be?

I have to say that I have not been impressed by this model.

Cheers

Jason

I think your problem is pretty rare. In the 6 months that I've been active here, I''ve seen posts where the USB stops working, but haven't seen a post where the connector hardware detached (until now).

Ask a Question