One 30 series won't boot past startup screen

Hi All,

Brand new on this forum, so hopefully this is the place to post this...

My TT one 30 series has stopped booting past the startup screen. This seems to have occurred since a recent update, as it was working fine on Monday night, before the update (now Wednesday) I have done all the recommended things on the website including:
*Backup manually (unfortunately after it stopped working as I thought brand new device, why backup, there shouldn't be a problem, I haven't bought any maps)
*Delete application from device and computer and re-install (manually), though when deleted and I tried to restore it by updating, Home said that the device was up to date!
*Backup and restore using Home (I see that is not a good thing - nothing says that outside the forum) which now says "Job not started, nothing to start"
*format device and re-install all folders
*run flash clean program.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

I'm thinking of going down to the local supplier and seeing if they will let me copy across the applications etc files (not the maps)

Thanks,
Bob

Do you have a backup of the unit's contents, especially the map folder?

If so, use Explorer to reformat your unit. Don't use quickformat. Then use Explorer to find your backup and restore just the map folder. Then connect to Home and you should be offered an application. Accept it and install. Disconnect PROPERLY from the computer (use Home's Disconnect icon in the bottom right of the screen).

If it boots ok, then make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

If you have NOT got a backup but CAN see the contents of the unit using Explorer, then copy the map folder to the computer, make SURE it is on the computer, then carry on with the reformating, etc. mentioned above.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try that tonight.
I had tried removing the applications files etc and re-formatting the device, then re-installing, which didn't work.

Cheers,
bob

Thanks all,
Individual re-install of the application, voices and maps from a different computer did the trick finally. Luckily the maps were still intact. I suspect there is a problem with TT Home on this computer.

TomTom One in Coma

Hi all,

I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you best votes for the New Year !
I am new here, so please apologize any mistake.

I had a similar problem with may TomTom One.
I bougth it in 2008 and alwys worked VERY WELL!!!
Two weeks ago it restart during normal use by itself, and ver worked again after that. :(
It stucks during the boot process on th initial screen.

I tried everything I found on TomTom Support pages and this forum: format, clear flash, update entire system, reisntalled TT Home, soft reset, hard reset...

I can control my TT device from TT Home, but it complete the boot process.
Other strange behavior is that it only connects to TT Home if i turn it on after starting TTH and connecting to my PC, otherwise, TTH do not recognize it.

I kindly ask your help as I tried anything iI could!
I going to travel to the shoe on vacation without my valuable assistant... :(

Thansk in advance for your suggestions!

Welcome........

In Home, the emulator (Operate My Unit), go to Manage Favourites and add one, delete one or edit one, it doesn't matter. Then disconnect the unit properly from Home (use the device disconnect icon in the bottom right of the screen). Turn off the unit and restart. See if it boots ok.

Try this:
- Backup everything to your computer via this link
- format the Tomtom drive as fat32 with quickformat disabled.
- copy the backup back
- then use winrar to copy the contents of this file onto the tomtom (overwriting as prompted)

Does that help?

Hi MVL,

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work as well.

In addition, I tried the same procedure restoring the backup I did manually as soon as I turn it on for the very 1st time, hoping to have it working in the default condition... No lucky also!

Sorry for the slow responses, but I was travelling on vacation... Believe me, I missed the TomTom during my trips.

Best regards,

Renato, are you saying that you tried mvl's suggestion of formatting the unit and reinstalling Navcore 7.903 and it still won't boot up???

Hi dhn.

I had to register to this forum just to say thanks for the info, I did what you said and now my TomTom one 3rd Edition is now operating again. So I wanted to thank you for this info, it really helped my.

Ask a Question