north america map not working anymore on my go 920

canceling a restore process caused my tomtom go 920 to not start, the app was missing. here is where i am, my device is now working but still have a problem. browsing the memory via my computer i've made a copy of everything from my device to my computer and deleted everything on my device. then i copied all folders and files from my friend's device which is the same model to my device. but the maps could not work on my device, so i deleted them and copied back my maps with the file containing licenses, the guam and europe maps are there but the north america did not show up. browsing the device again as a removable disk the north america map is there on internal memory!!! but not working, not on the list to chose from on the device. i tried to reset, and delete then copy again the north america map but still not working.
any help?

Use Windows Explorer to view the files in the North_America map folder, can you see a file with a double file extension ending ".meta.dct" (without the "") if its in place consider running the clear flash utility on the device which can be downloaded from TomTom's web site as it often helps with issues such as this. Run it three times though to make sure - Mike

thanks

i would thank you for your help, the troubleshooting procedure worked fine for me. my gps is now working good, but still something missing, how can i recover all map corrections i've made?

This doesn't always work, but copy every file on your backup map folder onto the Tomtom map folder, many of the auxilliary files contain mapshare info. Also copy userpatch.dat from the root folder of your backup onto the Tomtom.

Once copied, run "Operate my GO" and try to add a favorite.

Then see if your mapshares are back.

Ask a Question