No signal being received

Hi,

I've had no GPS reception all day even though the unit is on and situated in a clear spot on the windscreen. I've tried to reset it but it hasn't sorted the problem.:confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this, any
advice appreciated.

GA

What model TomTom do you have?

Traffic can be delivered LIVE on some models via an imbedded sim card in the unit (540Live, 740 LIVE, 940 LIVE are some models with that functionality).

A lesser traffic reception on many models is via rds_tmc antenna.

Tom Tom one

Its a TomTom one 30 series/125/130 1GB....I hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me!

It doesn't have live updates but, I've been onto the TOMTOM website and updated the latest download.

Appreciate your help with this.:eek:

dhn - If I read the original post correctly, the problem is an absence of GPS, not traffic.

To the OP - hold down the main power switch for 10~15 seconds until you hear the drums doing their thing. Then give it a couple of minutes turned on to see if will acquire satellites. To know what's what, press on the little satellite bars in the lower right corner, then press on the next set of little satellite bars on the right again. This should being up the full satellite list. We'll need to know if you see gray and/or blue bars, and how many of each at roughly what height.

No bars

I've turned it off and on as you suggested, its telling me there are no satellites and no signal is being received.

In the bottom right hand corner, next to the time, the boxes are empty. When I tap the box with the time in it, it says 0 satellites and box above is empty.

I've turned it off and on as you suggested, its telling me there are no satellites and no signal is being received.

In the bottom right hand corner, next to the time, the boxes are empty. When I tap the box with the time in it, it says 0 satellites and box above is empty.
Doesn't sound good. My original 720 did that to me. Had to return it.

One last shot. Try whichever of these tools is appropriate to your PC type. Save it to your PC.

Windows: http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe
MacOS: http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.dmg

Run the tool three (3) times.
If that doesn't wake up your unit, I'm afraid it may well be toast.

Sorted but don't know how!

Hi,

Thanks for the assistance.

I left the unit at home yesterday, turned it on this morning and
all was fine....think it must have been its time of the month or
something!

Thanks again.

GA

Ask a Question