No more Route Cleared Spoken

I just noticed, my unit used to say ROUTE CLEARED via a voice when i cleared a route. I noticed it no longer does. I checked all through the options but have yet to find anything linking to it. Its not a major problem but im just concerned if this got screwed up somehow, then other functions could of as well.

Not saing you are wrong but I have never heard that when I have cleared my routes.

BUT........

I know you CAN associate (under voice preferences) voices with warnings. Maybe that is it???

my 930 has always said route cleared using many different navcores.

I would try and disable the voice function....reboot the device....enable the voice function.

you could also use home to delete the navcore application....then let home redownload the application and reinstall it.

below is a link to tell you how.( it states it is for other problems but it shows how to delete and reinstall navcore )

http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bi...vY29hJnBfcG9zdGFsX2NvZGU9MzI5Mjc*&p_topview=1

let us know how you make out.

Last edited:
You have deselected a computer voice to read messages aloud in the "change voice" setting in the "Voice Preferences" menu. Go into "Voice Preferences", tap on "Change Voice", if you have selected a human voice you will then be asked if you want a computer voice for message reading. I leave mine off.

Last edited:
Not saing you are wrong but I have never heard that when I have cleared my routes.

BUT........

I know you CAN associate (under voice preferences) voices with warnings. Maybe that is it???
Mine has always said route cleared. I'm using the Susan voice and an update to the Susan voice changed it from "rowt" cleared to "root" cleared or vice versa I'm not sure.
John

I just don't use the voice for messages so I don't hear it.

And, btw, 'route' is pronounced 'root' by us Canucks :)

I once set my TomTom to read all warnings. It got on my nerves pretty quickly as it read nearly every message that would come up. Some people might like this, I sure don't though.

But yea, "speak warnings" or something like that is how you get the voice to say those things.

Mine always has under both Navcore 7 and 8.

Ask a Question