no error correct button on map view?

Ok so I have owned 2 tomtom gps my first one was a go 630 and my new one is a xl 310. I have updated my menu system to ditch the easymenu system.

One thing Iliked about my 630 was there is an option to have a button overlay on the map to log your current spot so you could go back later and report a map error. I don't understand why try got rid of this. I drive a fair bit (min 1000 km a week) and I see lot of errors on the maps but can't report them cause I forget where exactly there are on the map by the time I get home or to my next stop.

Can we get this feature back installed?

I don't have that model, so I'm guessing...
are you saying that there is no option in the "Make your own menu" (a.k.a. "Quickmenu") for map corrections, or are you saying there is no Quickmenu feature at all?

If you can still add other items to a quickmenu, could you just use the "add Favourite" option?

I don't have that model, so I'm guessing...
are you saying that there is no option in the "Make your own menu" (a.k.a. "Quickmenu") for map corrections, or are you saying there is no Quickmenu feature at all?

If you can still add other items to a quickmenu, could you just use the "add Favourite" option?

Nope there is no option to make my own menu and there is as far as I can see no way to tag the location.

As for using the "add favourite option" My favourite list is full and will not let me add more. (but that is another thing I do not like about the tomtom os) even if it was empty here in Ontario Canada there is laws now that ban us from adjusting our GPS while we drive and using the add favourite causes too many clicks to complete. We need a button on the map as an overlay when we click once it logs where we re so we can come back later and create a detailed error report. Like it was on my older unit.

I wish I could tell you where the option was on the go 630 but mine ws stolen that is why I "upgraded" to this unit. (it feel more like a downgrade)

Thanks to any help you can offer.

I'm struggling to find an "XL 310" are you sure that's the model number?

You're not going by a label on the bottom that says "Canada 310" are you? Because that's just a Canadian Radio Frequency Specification, not a model number at all (see section 2.2 here if you REALLY want to know more, but I wouldn't bother! :)).

If you type the first two characters of the serial number into the box on this TomTom page Which TomTom device do I have? it will tell you the model name.

It will also help a lot if you can update your profile to say which country you are from, as the models are often named differently in different locales.

I have an XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition, and that DOES have the quickmenu (it's set up on page 4 of the Change preferences menu). But other XLs may not have it - see the model comparison chart (>> Click Here for the Reference Guide <<) and look along row 48 for both current and discontinued models sections.

Ask a Question