Hello and welcome to the forum. I have a good friend at work from australia and we were just talking about some area in Australia with the opals (sorry for sounding stupid) and the underground churches, etc. You anywhere near there? In either event, glad you joined!

smokiewolf,havent heard of tele atlas maps ,sorry.

Robm,i think the place you are refering to is called coober peedy,it is in Sth Australia,quite a ways from here.

smokiewolf,havent heard of tele atlas maps ,sorry.

Robm,i think the place you are refering to is called coober peedy,it is in Sth Australia,quite a ways from here.

Thats it...didnt know...have you ever been there and if so what did you think

How are the quality of TeleAtlas maps in the world down unda?

Not sure about the Aussie maps, but from another ?downuna newbie?, the New Zealand maps are a bit ?patchy? but probably no worse than my earlier Navman. Biggest disappointment with TomTom down here is that the NZ maps don?t support ?MapShare? so you can?t fix the numerous minor errors. Understand same applies in Australia. All my other maps (USA, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore) are OK with MapShare and currently showing 34,867 (!!) corrections ? TomTom verified corrections only ? so presumably are all considered valid. Ouch. I don?t expect the maps to be 100% accurate and generally they do a pretty good job ? but it would be nice if I could correct some of the many local glitches I?ve found ? please TomTom ? and soon.

Ask a Question