TomTom Model(s)
hi all
just a bit of help needed
i bought a 720 from ebay and thought they all had truck maps on ...how wrong
what is the easiest way to get the truck maps,is it a sd card from ebay or should i just buy a sat nav with them on and sell mine,
also cannot get it to connect to the computer,the charge light comes on but the mydrive program keeps saying no device connected,

hi all
just a bit of help needed
i bought a 720 from ebay and thought they all had truck maps on ...how wrong
what is the easiest way to get the truck maps,is it a sd card from ebay or should i just buy a sat nav with them on and sell mine,
also cannot get it to connect to the computer,the charge light comes on but the mydrive program keeps saying no device connected,
I have never used any of the 7XX series units, so I am not familiar with whether or not truck maps can be used on the 720 series. I think that a couple of the people here have these devices, so they may be able to help you.

On the other hand, I can explain why you are not connecting to your computer. The 720 does not use the MyDrive software to connect to a computer. It is from an earlier generation of GPS devices, and uses the HOME2 software that you can download from TomTom - a 720 has no idea what MyDrive is, and vice versa. In many ways this is a good thing, as the later devices and MyDrive are much more restricted in the ability to interact with your computer than the 720 and HOME2.

- Tom -

cheers tom
i have the tom tom home program aswell
and just keep getting the same message no phone connected
tried istalling the program on daughters laptop and its the same
could be the lead as its not a tom tom one but it is a usb lead for a nav man so should work

cheers tom
i have the tom tom home program aswell
and just keep getting the same message no phone connected
tried istalling the program on daughters laptop and its the same
could be the lead as its not a tom tom one but it is a usb lead for a nav man so should work
I would definitely try a different USB cable - preferably one that you can confirm by test works well with another device. I used to assume that USB cables were almost guaranteed to all be alike and almost certainty worked well all the time, but in the last couple of years I have seen a surprising number of problems turn out to be caused by cable performance.

- Tom -

If you can get a truck map on an SD card from eBay, you need to ensure it also has a compatible truck software version on it. As far as I remember, most standard software versions for the Gox20 range didn't work with a truck map (or just didn't use the additional truck features)

Ask a Question