Newbie Learning the Ropes

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
Well let me start with this has been a very informative forum from what I have read in the last 24 hours. I bought my Tomtom One on Saturday and have been playing with it ever since ( that just sounds wrong ). Already had to use the back up thank god I did that first. And im sure I will have loads of questions in the future so Thanks for the great site and I will see you around in the forum .

Before I sign off on this I have my first ? :eek:

I downloaded the newest North American maps Version 665 which is 897 kb with the old version being 660 which is 914 kb why would the newer version be a smaller file I would have thought it would have been bigger any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks
Always-coke

Welcome!

I am not sure why that is the case if indeed that it is. I dont have one with a card so I cant comment to that, however, the 910 map update was bigger.

Wait a few and someone will get ya the answer!

By all means ask away for help!!!!

Regards:)

Hello and welcome,

I believe the reason for the downsize is the Shop POI has been removed, and that the newer version wasn't built upon the previous version but actaully a new release.

Welcome to the TT Forum where you will find answers before you even know you have a question. Actually it is a great place. Glad you found us.

Newbies

Of which I am one. Don't leave too many backups on your computer hard drive or you can fill it up in a hurry. I went to defrag my hard drive today and I couldn't believe I had that little space left on 80 gb drive.I left my original backup and my last one and deleted the inbetween four.

Last edited:

Ask a Question