Newbie completes 1600 mile trip with TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
We just returned from a 1600 mile trip using a TT910. It really worked good. Sometimes I didn't agree with the direction that "Suzy" took us (we use the computer voice of Susan). She would sometimes pout but we learned to work together quite well. My wife has always used the map while I drove, we have not always agreed. #@*%^()%$#)&%, no seriously I do not use bad words.

I did not back up the software onto my computer like some on this forum said I should. I bought the TT on Saturday and we left home on Sunday. There was just no time and I was afraid that I might mess up something and it would not work on the trip.

One thing that I never figured out was how to delete individual destinations. I could delete them all but not "only one". Several that I put into TT, I did wrong and had to leave them in because I didn't know how to delete the one I messed up.

We travel in a Roadtrek motor home. Sometimes we spend the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. We left Borger, Texas about 8:00 PM Friday night, traveling I-40 toward Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our ;plan was to drive 2 or three hours and find a flying-J or Wal-Mart. About 10:30 PM I missed an exit Clinton, Oklahoma and had to drive on to Weatherford, OK. We were lucky and found the Wal-Mart in Weatherford. It would be nice if TT could tell us where the Wal-Marts were. I would guess that to be included in TT there is a charge.

I will have more questions but I am ready to go to bed it has been a long day.

I found a program on this site to edit home location, favourites, recent destinations, and something else (don't know what it is yet because its in German)

http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=5253&view=findpost&p=42028

When you load the *.cfg file from your map folder you should see you recent destinations loaded.

To load the file:

1. Click on "Datei" on the top right
2. Then click on "Datei Laden" to open the load function
3. Find your *.cfg file that you want to edit

To delete a single entry:

1. Right-click the specific destination
2. Choose the option "Eintrag loschen". This will remove the entry from the list.
3. Click on the top right corner where it shows the word "Datei"
4. Then click on "Datei speichern" to save the edit.

At some point my TT 910 decided that my "Current Position" is S Eastern St. We live about a mile south of a small town and there is no Eastern St.

I also would still like to know how to delete a destination once I have arrived and not have to delete all of the destinations that I have programed.

You are in way beyond me, I haven't even connected TT to my computer yet.

I also would still like to know how to delete a destination once I have arrived and not have to delete all of the destinations that I have programed.

To delete specific destinations you won't be able to unless you connect the TT device to a computer.

We just returned from a 1600 mile trip using a TT910. It really worked good. Sometimes I didn't agree with the direction that "Suzy" took us (we use the computer voice of Susan). She would sometimes pout but we learned to work together quite well. My wife has always used the map while I drove, we have not always agreed. #@*%^()%$#)&%, no seriously I do not use bad words.

I did not back up the software onto my computer like some on this forum said I should. I bought the TT on Saturday and we left home on Sunday. There was just no time and I was afraid that I might mess up something and it would not work on the trip.

One thing that I never figured out was how to delete individual destinations. I could delete them all but not "only one". Several that I put into TT, I did wrong and had to leave them in because I didn't know how to delete the one I messed up.

We travel in a Roadtrek motor home. Sometimes we spend the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. We left Borger, Texas about 8:00 PM Friday night, traveling I-40 toward Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our ;plan was to drive 2 or three hours and find a flying-J or Wal-Mart. About 10:30 PM I missed an exit Clinton, Oklahoma and had to drive on to Weatherford, OK. We were lucky and found the Wal-Mart in Weatherford. It would be nice if TT could tell us where the Wal-Marts were. I would guess that to be included in TT there is a charge.

I will have more questions but I am ready to go to bed it has been a long day.
Download TT's (Free of charge) Retail Stores POI from the online store. It's not comprehensive but it does have a good selection of stores (Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Future Shop, Office Depot, Staples, Costco, Radio Shack, Target, Circuit City, Office Max, Pep Boys etc)

I have not connected it to my computer yet. I know that I need to do so, but just too much going on to spend the time.

I have not connected it to my computer yet. I know that I need to do so, but just too much going on to spend the time.

When you do, you can download POI (Points of Interest) files. There are ones for Walmart and Sam's Club. Just search this site. That's an easy way you can program your TT and find specific places like Walmart.

Ask a Question