Newbie: Arrive at Specific Time?

Xaa

Hi,

Just got a 510. Nice little unit but it asks me every time I put in a route if I need to arrive at a specific time. What if I did, how would it help me? Can I disable having to answer that question each time?

Also, I see conflicting information about traffic services on the TomTom site, but Traffic services are available for the US right? Are they any good? Is it better to use your bluetooth or get an RDS reciever? With the RDS is there still a subscription charge?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh yeah, one other thing. It seems to hold a charge pretty well, is it advisable to have it plugged into the cig lighter at all times or do you all just charge as needed like a cell phone?

The specific time of arrival is a guide. Lets say you need to be at a friend's house for 7pm for dinner. It's a two hour drive on most days but you leave at 4pm because you don't know how much traffic you'll run into and there is a great CD store you want to stop in along the way.

The time of arrival feature will calculate how much time is left in your trip and let you know how much time you can spend in the CD store and be on time.

Yes, you can turn it off in the preferences section. While it is a useful feature, it's not one you'll need more than once a month or so.

I believe that most GPS owners plug theirs in to the cigarette lighter all the time. I don't think it harms the battery.

Thanks, that makes sense. Where in preferences I couldn't find it to turn it off?

Any input on traffic?

Thanks again!

Tap Status bar preferences in the Preferences menu, to enable or disable
arrival time notifications.
Select the required options on the first menu screen and then tap Done.
To enable arrival time notifications, select Show leeway to arrival time.
To disable arrival time notifications, unselect Show leeway to arrival time.

Ask a Question