New TT910 User with Favorite Question

I set up a trip and didn't want to go the way TT originally calculated it. I used calculate alternative and that was better route for me (less stop lights). When I try to store the alternative directions, the 910 defaults to the original unwanted route. Is there a was to store the alternate route as a favorite?

Thanks, Don

Hello and welcome.
What type of calculation did you select? Fast or shortest?
When you did find alternative, what selection did you select?

If you want to store a specific route, I suggest using waypoints. I can explain more about this if this is something you would like to do.

Pedro2NR,
My daughter was accepted to a college in Reading, PA and I live in CT. The first time we went there to visit, we didn't have a GPS and used an on line route planner. It wasn't bad until we hit the remaining 40+ miles of stop light traffic. It was horrible. The total trip was 5 and a half hours. I was using my TT910, trying to calculate a route (fastest) and it gave me the same one as I had gotten on line. I told the 910 to recalculate and it gave me a longer route both in time and in miles but it was all highway (I can make up time there:D ) and that's the way I was trying to store as a Favorite. When I checked, it went back to the original route. I tried a number of time but to no avail.
Don

Also I just remembered, I have an additional question. I listen to audio books in my car. (WMA secure format so it can't be uploaded to the TT910) Is there any way that I can play my WMA (Mp3 creative player) through the 910. Can I use a mini stereo cable (one stereo plug on each end) from the Creative Mp3 player and plug the other end into the windshield mount, say microphone input to the 910?

Don,
This program works well on making waypoints
Tyre

Im not to sure about the audio books questions. I'll find out and seek the answer.

When I need it to remember an alternative route I use an itinerary and set way points in a few locations along the route that force the tomtom to pick the way I want to go.

I set up a trip and didn't want to go the way TT originally calculated it. I used calculate alternative and that was better route for me (less stop lights). When I try to store the alternative directions, the 910 defaults to the original unwanted route. Is there a was to store the alternate route as a favorite?

Thanks, Don

Ask a Question