New member with XL 350 TM

--- POI -->near me -->Search--> I tried typing 'sub' initially with no luck and then 'subway', always it returns 'No POI found!'. I also tried other POI's around my home but search always returns 'No POI found!'
--- If I try searching the desired POI in it's specific category only then it's returning results. Example, searching 'Sub' within the category of Restaurants is yielding results.

My problem is with the first scenario, how can I make it work?

Some items seem not to show up with the search algorithm but do show up via category.

If you select poi, in city (ather than 'near you') then use search, you may have more success.

But I agree..........it's trial and error.

It just seems to treat EZPass lanes as regular lanes.

EZpass is an electronic toll collection device, were (in some states) tolls can be collected while driving at full 65mph.

It's not an HOV lane, but is a toll lane. And Tomtom flags it as a Toll-road properly.

Problem is, if you don't have an EZpass device, and chose to not avoid tolls, Tomtom still sends you to the EZpass lane because IQroutes knows that stopping at a toll booth is slower. Not much you can do about this as Tomtom doesn't have a classification for EZpass toll lanes vs non-EZpass toll lanes.

I own an EZpass and use it whenever driving in the northeast. They're free if you get them through the NY thruway authority, and they save a ton of time. I have friends who own EZpasses and don't even own a car. It just makes life so much easier to have one.

--- POI -->near me -->Search--> I tried typing 'sub' initially with no luck and then 'subway', always it returns 'No POI found!'.

There's a bug with the search engine. If it's searching too long without finding results, it just gives up and says "no poi found".

If you type "sub" in "search by category", it searches for any POI with an S, until you type the U. Then it searches for any POI with an SU, then with SUB, etc. Because the results are pre-cached it finds them quicker and doesn't give up.

I always double check with the category-based search when the overall search says "no poi found".

Does the new EasyMenut not show turn-by-turn text by selecting one of the areas on the status bar?

It will show current street and next street on navigation view. But it will not give you a listing of all the streets on your route, like you can get on full menu devices.

Ask a Question